FIS is an American Fortune 500 company that offers a wide range of financial products and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS employs approximately 55,000 people worldwide.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of network and computing devices, operating systems, systems development and/or information systems architecture appropriate for IT function
- Demonstrates strong computer skills including a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingly seeks and shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise with others
- Basic decision-making, problem-solving, team building and time management skills
- Ability to learn and utilize appropriate equipment, tools, software and methods
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and learning new subject matter
- Additional skills, knowledge and experience may be required based on the type of functions performed
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of basic/developmental tasks and activities that are appropriate for the IT function.
- Researches and analyzes appropriate information technology practices, processes and procedures.
- May also gain a high-level understanding of basic financial services/banking practices and processes
- Attends appropriate training to gain knowledge and understanding of essential subject matter.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.